The first week-end of september, the association “Trésors de Ferrette ” organize a used book sale, a conference, demonstrations
“The Century of Gutenberg,” by Georges Bischoff, Saturday 1 September at 6pm, at the ‘ancien tribunal’ on the rue du Château in Ferrette. Entry is free.
Bouqu’in Ferrette, the used book sale:
Sunday, 2 September from 9am-6pm, rue du Château in Ferrette. Entry is free.
- Some 25 second-hand booksellers from all over the Grand Est region, Germany and Belgium, offer their second-hand books in French, German, Alsatian and English, as well as old comics and postcards. There is something for all budgets and tastes: novels, books about Alsace, historical, scientific and technical books, books for children … In case of rain, the stands will be covered/sheltered.
- Book-themed demonstrations: making handmade paper (material from the Papiermühle Basel), calligraphy demonstrations, illuminated manuscripts, leather book-binding, éco-vannerie (weaving with recycled paper), textile books,
- Reading of “Ciao Paradiso” by Compagnie du Lys .
- Regional authors: Alsatians Suzanne Roth, Renée Hallez, Jean-Paul Girard, Marlyse Klein and Sylvie Martin, Annick Kiefer, Marc Glotz, Georges Bischoff, Sundgau History Society; Baselers Daniela Thüring and Edgar Hummel.
- French-German bilingual children’s books from Sailer.
Light catering provided by the Medieval association.